Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Using RAFTs to differentiate

I created a RAFT assignment for my fourth grade science class.  It was such an amazing experience that I want to share it.  I used it as a culmination to our animal adaptations unit. We read the chapter, did activities, labs, assignments, and read trade books, but this was a favorite of the students.  It was so engaging for them and it was great to see them excited about their task.  
For those of you who are unfamiliar with RAFTs its an acronym that stands for:
Role
Audience
Format
Topic
For this particular assignment I grouped the students based on pre-assessments and classroom observations.  There were four activities that students could be assigned to.  The breakdown is in the table below:


Head on over to my TPT store to snag the RAFT freebie.  http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Jennifer-Concannon    

No comments:

Post a Comment