Monday, April 28, 2014

Back to school

Today was my first day back at school after spring break.  It was good to get back into the swing of things, but I definitely miss sleeping in!  I bought a ton of stickers on Amazon for the spring/summer.  The stickers come on rolls, which is great, but they are kind of a pain to store.  I store all my stickers in a photo box.  I got the idea from this pin.  So I didn't know what I was going to do with these bad Larrys...UNTIL I replaced my paper towel holder at home.  I brought my old one into class and did this:
I have to say I'm pretty pumped to use these new stickers!  I also had 3 boxes, yes three, waiting for me from Scholastic.  WOOHOOO!  I want to get my students excited about reading and I do have a big classroom library, but I definitely wanted some new additions.
I got all of these books for free using my bonus points.  I bought a bunch of series in hopes that my students would get hooked on one and read right through.  I know I personally love reading series (HARRY POTTER).  I showed my kiddos the score and they were all so excited, which got me even more pumped...yay reading!
Lastly, remember how I told you that we wrote to a Marine in boot camp?  If not, I will jog your memory...it's here...well, she wrote back!  The kids loved hearing from her...we did not expect a reply, and her note was so sweet.
What a great first day back!  I'm excited to see what this week has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment