Sunday, May 25, 2014

A Peek at my Week


Today I'm linking up with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for A Peek at my Week.  I'm super excited to have an extra day this weekend!  My sister is home from California for a friend's wedding so we are having a family gathering tomorrow.
I baked up these beauties yesterday.

I also am excited for this view.  I love spending time at my parent's house.
Tuesday- We are finishing our light unit in science with a chapter test...I'm very hesitant to give a test right after the weekend, but sometimes it just has to happen.  I'm confident my students will do well! We are also starting to look at fables.  We are going to read One Grain of Rice which is in our basal reader and we will take a close look at the elements of a fable.
Wednesday- We are working on our Fractured Fairy Tale unit.  The kids have really gotten in to these.  Last week we compared the original stories to the fractured counterparts.  This week my kiddos are starting to write their own versions.
Thursday- We are looking at electricity next in science.  I love all the hands on activities that go along with this unit.
Friday-We'll be building simple circuits in science class and hopefully work on editing our fractured fairy tales.
Saturday- My new washing machine will finally be delivered today!!!  I have so much laundry that has accumulated.  It's amazing how much I actually use my washing machine.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You are doing two of my favorite things this week! I love fractured fairy tales, and electricity was always my favorite unit when I taught science! It's always great to find another fourth grade blogger. I am your newest follower on bloglovin'

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the things I look forward to teaching the most! They are so fun! Thanks for following and stopping by!
      Jen

      Delete
  2. We only had time to do a fairy tale unit this year because of all the snow days. My kids wrote some awesome/cute fairy tales. Next year I would like to do more with fractured fairy tales tied in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love doing fairy tales and fables. Fractured fairy tales are an extra added bonus!

      Delete