Friday, June 6, 2014

Five for Friday

I'm linking up again to share some of my week with you.  This may have possibly been the slowest and busiest week of  my life.  I didn't think I was going to make it!  Unfortunately, it's not going to slow down until I'm out of school on June 19th  womp womp.
I stayed late at school Tuesday through Thursday for after school activities.  Tuesday was class night for the graduating eighth grade.  It was so cute to see how grown up these kids have gotten since I had them in fourth grade!  Wednesday the fourth grade teachers took three students to see Maleficent and dinner because they won the auction.  It was a really nice time and the movie was great!  I was a zombie by today!
My students finished their rough drafts of fractured fairy tales.  They started putting together their final drafts and a few even finished!  They did such a great job!  Some stories are so funny!
My final read aloud for the year is The BFG which is one of my favorite books from childhood.  It brings back so many memories!  I hope to watch the movie version the last week of school...that will really bring me back to the good ol' days!
We have been working on end of the year memory books.  Yesterday I had the kids write their names on the top of a lined piece of paper.  Then we passed it around and each wrote something nice about that person.  I took the papers and wrote all of their notes onto their very own page for the memory book.  They were so cute!  One student even made a page for me and passed it around.  Reading it last night helped me get through today even though I was soooo tired.  Their notes were adorable.

I have been working so hard on these notes for each child that will also go in the memory book.  I finally finished today!  I wrote a personalized note to each child reflecting on the year.  I can't wait to see their faces as they read these!  (although I will be waiting a while...June 19th needs to hurry up!)
I'm a little overwhelmed by my end of the year to do list!  It never gets shorter.  Cue the "I think I can" mantra.
BUT I came home to this adorable basket of goodies from my amazing boyfriend!  It was just what I needed after a long week.  He's a keeper!
I only need to make it through 8 more school days...but I have so much to do from now until then.  This summer is so well deserved and I can't wait to relax and enjoy!  I'm also extremely jealous of all you teachers who are already on summer break!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment