Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday made it: Organizing and home decor


I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made it...wooo!  I have been hard at work on some TPT creations and posted two new ones today.  Yay for productivity!  I also got a ton of cleaning and house work done this weekend.  My last Monday Made it was all about home improvements and I have two more to share from this week :)
I love Zulily and order from there all the time (even though I'm not a mom).  I saw these adorable glass jars mounted on wood and thought of all the decorating possibilities.  I finally got them and had to figure out what I wanted to do with them now that I actually had them.
This first one was a no brainer...I have two cats.  I love plants, but cats and plants do not go well...at all.  I bought some air-plants on jane.com a while back but my cats kept knocking them over.  Problem solved...put them up high out of their reach!
I love the way it turned out!  I also bought this container and wasn't so sure what to do with it.  I have more plants, but I thought it might look silly to have so many plants up high.  I decided to hang it in the kitchen to store drink mixes.


Made it #2 is for the classroom.  Every summer I say to myself that I am going to be organized and discover a system that works for missing homework.  I decided to take some pages that I made for some coworker gifts and create a homework notebook of sorts...I should add that I got a new binding machine and was pretty psyched to use it!
I started out by printing all the pages I wanted in the book.  I decided on gradebook sheets for homework, a missing homework log, checklists, and parent contact forms.
Then I had to read the directions :)  We have a binding machine at school and I thought it would be pretty similar.  
Then I began punching the pages.  The machine can only punch 6 pages at a time.
Once all my pages were punched I lined them up and got out my binding strip.
I placed all my papers on the binding strip according to the directions.
Then I placed it in the machine and bound it.  I love the way it turned out!  I'm hoping this will help keep me on track with the missing homework this year.
I also have a giveaway to share!  I have three one year subscriptions to this great site called 10Monkeys.  I wrote a post on them here.  Enter to win below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway








4 comments:

  1. This would be a great resource for my students to use during their homework time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a soon to be third grader right here at home to try games out on. We were giggling so hard as the game sped up that it was a FUN way to practice. In my classroom, my kids have a day of the week that they use the iPads for extra practice. This would be a fun addition to my apps.

    ReplyDelete