Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Standardized Testing Week Dun Dun DUUUUUUNNNNN

This week we are doing standardized testing at my school.  When I was a kid it use to be my favorite week of school.  We had no homework, I liked the tests (weird, I know), and it was a break from the normal...but times have changed.  Testing week now seems to be a week full of stress and anxiety for the poor kiddos.  It stinks!  I want the kids to enjoy themselves (as much as humanly possible during testing) and relax.  Last year I gave out little motivational treats each morning of testing week for my students.  I decided I would do the same this year plus I really like puns.
Here is a shot of my week setup of treats.  I am giving out Starbursts, Tootsie Rolls, Gum, Swedish Fish, and Smarties with the punny printouts (they are from various places on TPT).  I also made up a little testing toolkit for each child.  Inside each kit was 2 sharpened number two pencils, an eraser, and a pencil sharpener.

The kids love coming in to a new treat each morning.  I'm hoping it brightens their week a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment