Monday, February 6, 2017

Rebranding my TPT Store


I have been a member of Teachers Pay Teachers since 2011, but I didn't become a premium seller until 2014 (something I am KICKING myself for...sign up as a premium seller right away!).  I have had minor successes in my store, but I have been creating things on an as needed basis for my own classroom making it more of  a hobby than a business.  I have countless products that I started and never finished.  I also have so many products that I posted that I haven't updated.  Some of them need updating BADLY!  I have decided to get really serious about taking my store to the next level recently.  After the birth of my son, rebranding my store and putting more time into TPT became a priority for me.   I have over 150 products in my store currently so going back to update and brand is a huge undertaking!

I started this process by posting my store to some TPT groups I am in on Facebook to get feedback from fellow teacher authors.  I highly suggest joining TPT groups to get advice, feedback, and helpful tips.  The most helpful advice I received was from Misty Miller the admin of TPT Seller Tips and Advice.  I posted my store looking for advice on how to improve and Misty offered some great advice.  She suggested that I brand my store so all of my products have a similar look, make square covers, create custom categories, etc...  Honestly I had been meaning to make square covers for my products, but I was overwhelmed with the thought of making 150+ covers.

My first step was to decide what my brand actually is.  My old button (to the left) had lots of glitter and not a lot to do with education.  My new button (to the right) is cleaner and clearly school centered.  I created my new button using Canva.
                                 
    

Once I figured out what my brand would look like I began to go into TPT and create new covers for each of my products.  I changed from traditional covers to square covers and for the sake of my new brand made cleaner covers.  The covers to the left are the new ones and the covers to the right are the old ones.



The titles on the new covers are clear and easy to read.  The product is more straight forward and the whole thing is less cluttered.  This has been a time consuming project, but one that is well worth it in the long run.  As I go in to update each cover I also update the products themselves.  This includes changing fonts and graphics, adding content, and changing layouts.  The final step before updating is to fix my descriptions.  I make the descriptions more detailed and link to other similar products.  I am sure this rebranding project will keep me busy for quite some time, but it has been well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment